Navigator for PC software purchase
Current version is 8.0.1 (released in
for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, W7, W8, W10, W2k
(32 and 64 bit PCs)
If you want celestial navigation for iPhone
/ iPad, check this page
Navigator for PC Features
- Celestial navigation module with perpetual almanac, lines of postion, astronomical position, meridian passage, celestial object data.
- Prints Nautical Almanac style pages, for pencil&paper navigation.
- Star Finder for celestial navigation (sky chart and spreadsheet).
- Charting tools, with vector charts (custom format only).
- Sail boat
track designer with ETA.
- Sail boat "polar chart" creation and edition (Polar Studio).
- Imports wind forecasts from NOAA GFS, up to 384 hours.
- Sail boat weather routing allows optimization of routes based in the polar chart and wind forecasts.
- GPS interface. Plot the position
and save your track in real time (note: requires a device with
serial interface. USB devices are supported via serial emulation
mode (RS232) if available. Check device software documentation).
What is not
1- Navigator is not compatible
with commercial electronic chart formats.
Support available to custom vector chart format *.CHT, ESRI *.SHP
files and GSHHS *.B vector charts.
2- Navigator accepts NMEA GPS messages, but does not implement
any proprietary or model specific features, such as waypoint uploads
or instrument setup. AIS interface via boat network (TCP/IP).
2 media options:
buy from MyCommence,
authorized electronic reseller.
all credit cards, PayPal, US checks, money order.
buy from Celestaire,
Credit card, money order or US checks.
- Both media options include the same software and documentation.
- Single user license. See license details here.
Registration and installation steps - Electronic version
1- After the purchase you will receive an e-mail
with the download location (URL) and a registration code. The location
points to the Navigator software installer file. Click the
link start the download. Save file to disk.
2- After the download is finished,
run the file. This will install the software in your computer. Installation requires computer administrator rights, but not the normal program usage.
3- Type the registration code when prompted for
a password. Proceed until the installation is complete.
4- Remember to backup the installer file (and the
password) for future installations. Only the original installer
can properly setup the software components on a new computer.