VRTool is a program to help you plan sail boat routes. The focus is on boat and wind data visualization and track calculations.
- Interactive route and track designer
- Great circle and rhumb lines calculation (Leg calculator)
- Wind forecasts download and visualization tools (NOAA GFS winds)
- Track animation
- Polar chart creation and edition
- Weather routing (track optimization)
- Regatta host with embedded webserver and iphone client
- 3D views (using OpenGL)
- Compatible with Virtual Regatta and VORG games.
- All data files in text format
The software is available for Windows PCs ( XP, 2000, 2003, Vista, Windows 7 ) with a minimum of 1 GB memory. Also works on Pentium Macs using Windows emulation software (like Parallels) and Linux PCs with Wine.