Winds in VRTool are always different that VR or Zezo site

VRTool software support forum

Winds in VRTool are always different that VR or Zezo site

Postby lipqil » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Hello,
Since few weeks (since I use the new VRTool 2.20) I have always wrong winds in VRTool.
If I download winds by clicking NOAA button it give me wrong winds.
If I download winds by using zyGRIB it give me wrong winds (same wrong winds above).
If I download winds by press F2 (with server:vrtoutoulz.fr/early/long/TIME+1) it give me wrong winds (same wrong winds above).
BUT I found a soluce to have right winds:
1- I clear all winds grids in VRTool
2- I press F2 (with server:vrtoutoulz.fr/early/long/TIME+1)(I must do F2 in first) and so I have RIGHT WINDS (same winds in virtual regata).
3- If I reload the same file that zyGRIB (grb file) make before, so now the winds are RIGHT !!!

I hope this way will give me right winds every time!
But I don't know why.

Thank you Omar to share your work. VRTool is very usefull.
lipqil

Re: Winds in VRTool are always different that VR or Zezo sit

Postby lipqil » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:34 am

Hello,
My problem is solved: I must check "game windspeeds (rounded)" in config tab in Import grid file. With this option all is OK.

But I saw a strange thing: Yesterday, I import a grid winds and I saved it in my computer in xml format (the winds was right).
Today I import a new grid winds (the winds are right), but when I reload the old grid winds (this one of yesterday) I haven't the winds that I had yesterday, it's the winds of today.
If I clear all grids winds and I reload the grid of yesterday, I have the winds that I had yesterday. But, after that, if I press F2 to have the grid winds of today, winds are wrong it's the winds of yesterday.

It seem that is not possible to have different grid winds in VRTool, all grids become the same that the first grid is loaded in VRTool.
lipqil

Postby lipqil » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:22 pm

Hello,
I understand my problem about the grids of winds. I noticed that is the grid on bottom of the list that is display in VRTool and never the other grids above, even if the grids are checked or not.

Thank you for the new version of VRTool !!
lipqil

Postby Neptune » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:26 pm

I use the "Import wind from NOAA" and mine match the game.
It could be you are not set up properly.
I'm in Toronto Canada and use in the Download params of the import grib file (probe) the fallowing: Time zone 5, resolution 12, up to 72, Verbose Checked.
In the Track Designer Setting I set : Time from the last wind update = Checked, First Wind update time 14:00 (Local Time) Next update time 02:00
Works for me, try it keep in mind your GMT time is problably different from mine.
Too bad we can,t attach pictures, I could show you the same values on both the Game and VRTool :cry:
Mauro
Neptune

Return to VRTool Forum