Chrome

VRTool software support forum

Chrome

Postby Sansul » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 pm

noticing that people have moved over to Chrome from firefox, any quick instructions as to how to do that as my firefox is sooo slow.

what would the setting be?

many thanks
Sansul

Re: Chrome

Postby K2_2266 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Well,

you have to use Firefox once with httpfox to get that "adress-line"
http://vendeeglobevirtuel.virtualregatt ... 69af50xxxx.

After that is done, VRTool will retrieve the data of your boat from Virtual Regatta by itself (at least as long as the site is up not like last night).
It will do so without a browser running. So here comes the point that you can now use whatever browser you want to access your boat for changing course, sails, etc.

Good luck,

Dirk (K2 2266)
K2_2266

Postby Sansul » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Thks Dirk

so what you are saying is that i can use VRtool to change course etc etc without the actual need for having to go to virtualregatta? currently i just use VRtool to monitor the situation and then make changes in virtualregatta when logged on. Am i right?

thanks again
Sansul

Postby Neptune » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Sansul wrote:Thks Dirk

so what you are saying is that i can use VRtool to change course etc etc without the actual need for having to go to virtualregatta? currently i just use VRtool to monitor the situation and then make changes in virtualregatta when logged on. Am i right?

thanks again

No you can only make changes to the regatta from Virtual Regatta site.
You can get the location of of your boat and friends from VR into Chrome to use with VRTool.
Also because of the new setup in VR you can get the info into VRTool without having to run Virtual Regatta on your PC. VRTool can get the info directly from VR site.
Neptune

Return to VRTool Forum