Volvo Ocean Race Game 2014
Following are suggested settings to get started in Virtual Ragatta's Volvo Ocean Race Game 2014.
Menu: File/Open Vector Chart...
- Open the main vector chart file c_gshhs_i.cht.
Menu: File/Merge Vector Chart...
- Merge each of the localised pixel sub-charts onto the main chart to overlay the Virtual Regatta coastlines on to the display.
The main chart and the VR pixel sub-charts for each leg are posted in a ZIP file on the Volvo Ocean Race page of the Virtual Regatta forums. Put all the chart files in the same folder as your .nav file before loading/merging them.
NOAA import grib file
- Time zone: Click on the to set to your PC's time zone
- Resolution: 12
- Up to: 180 for normal forecasts, 384 for long-range forecasts
- Accept incomplete downloads
- Isochrone interval: 0.5 for tracks up to 1000 nm, 1.0 for long tracks
- Up to isochrone: 0
- Show isochrones: 1h
- # of tree branches: 181 (if you are using a "full" polar)
- Max angle to destination: 90
- Boat wake angle: 30
- Iso point spacing: 1%
- Land collision detection
- Add branches at isochrone points
- Use new pruning method
- Simple polars: vor0_pro-full.csv (available from ?)
Multiple sail polars
Download file and save to disk
Select file and click load
- GetUser: Enter the unique GetUser string for your boat in this control. This string has the format:
Track Designer Settings
Wind forecast age
- time from last wind update. Keep this option selected unless you are doing two-step routing or laying a track from an advanced position.
Wind update time
- First wind update time: Set this field to the LOCAL time of the first game wind update each day. Remember to adjust this setting if the game update times move due to a daylight saving change at your locality.