Paste Zezo track into VRTool

VRTool software support forum

Re: Paste Zezo track into VRTool

Postby sportpilot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:00 am

Billbo wrote:Further to my last post
on delving further into the program I find any code relating to color gives me a compiler error!
Sould I delete there also?

Are you using the .xlsm version (Excel 2010 ONLY), or the .xls version (all Excel versions)? For Excel 2003 you'll want the .xls version.

I added version detection to skip over the parts that cause problems in the older versions.

Otherwise, Yes, just comment out (or delete) the lines causing problems. They are just shading in the routing area, nothing vitally important.
sportpilot

Postby sportpilot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:16 am

If you download the latest version (v1.94) from the same link above, I think I have disabled the parts that were causing your problem.

If you find other problems, just let me know...
sportpilot

Postby Billbo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:21 am

G'Day Streetpilot,
Ver 1.94 still requires alters.I am using the XLS version.
Current Destination & Proposed Destination still have run time errors...anything to do with color or shape.
I deleted all run time errors and the whole program works perfectly....thanks mate
Billbo

Postby sportpilot » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:46 am

I've created a better way to get track data from Zezo into VRTool. The spreadsheet has been retired in favor of this web-based option.

http://livinginparadise.info/VR/Zezo-VRT

Normal use:
    - Enter your Destination in either of the boxes (Degrees or Degrees & Minutes)
    - Click on the Boat name (it defaults to ManyPilot) & enter your Boat (or any other boat)
    - The current Time, Position & Status (Hdg, Sail, Boat Spd, Wind Spd & TWA) will be updated from VR
    - Set the Race, Scale, Days, Winds, Pro Sails, Avoid Tacks & Show Chart options
    - Click the "Get Zezo Data" button
    - Click the "Export to VRTool" button
    - When the new window (or tab) opens, Copy (Ctl+C) the info (it's already selected)
    - In VRTool, click "Paste New..." on the Tracks tab

Other use:
    - You can set a starting position different than your current position. Just make sure the Update Position box is NOT checked so it doesn't get overwritten

*** Notes:
    -The position update works ONLY for the VR races, NOT for the VORG. For VORG you will need to enter your current position manually.
    - This was developed using Chrome as the browser. It seems to work well in Firefox as well. IE, not so much... So use either Chrome or Firefox.
    - Javascript & cookies must be enabled
Enjoy!
Last edited by sportpilot on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sportpilot

Postby sportpilot » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Fixed a problem when using with the VORG. Wouldn't allow manual entry of Current Position and no Zezo data was returned.
sportpilot

Postby sportpilot » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:50 pm

*** New Feature

You can now have multiple tabs in the same browser window for different Boats (or Races) without any "crosstalk" between them.

Just add "index.php?id=[x...x]" to the end of the URL. The [x...x] is replaced with a unique identifier for each tab such as Boat name, Race name or just a number. Just make each one different.

You should NOT have any spaces or other odd characters in the ID tag, underscores _ or hypens - are OK.

For example, you could have 3 tabs:
    http:livinginparadise.info/VR/Zezo-VRT/index.php?id=Living_In_Paradise
    http:livinginparadise.info/VR/Zezo-VRT/index.php?id=CR_Paradise-Clipper
    http:livinginparadise.info/VR/Zezo-VRT/index.php?id=CR_Paradise-VOR

The ID of each tab will appear as the page name in the tab, so if you have a lot of tabs open you might want to keep the ID's short.

Enjoy!
sportpilot

Postby omar » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:53 pm

Speaking of Zezo track pasting, I'm experiencing with a new funny thing:
making the whole vrtool window transparent. There is a trackbar for that now.
This allows you to fit vrtool chart to game or Zezo's apps (firefox window).
Note that it is difficult to fit charts using Zoom in-out and pans.
Also these apps seem to use different projection modes than vrtool.
Handy trick for comparing tracks.

Don't make the window too transparent, or you won't be able to control it... :!:
omar
Site Admin

Postby sportpilot » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:05 pm

I've corrected a problem that arose for the VOR race. The Zezo file structure changed slightly with the recent addition of a "Ruler".

Sorry, but I was taking a break in between Clipper legs (I'm not actively running in the VOR).

If you have any more problems, just let me know...
sportpilot

Postby sportpilot » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:26 am

Fixed the Days drop down values for the VORG to match Zezo's new options.

There is still a problem with the Times of the action points. The VOR times are now UTC while the times for the other races are still CEST.

I won't have time to fix this until later this afternoon. I'll post again after I have it corrected.
sportpilot

Postby sportpilot » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:06 pm

The Time problem has been fixed.

If you find anything else, just let me know.

~ Steve
sportpilot

PreviousNext

Return to VRTool Forum