VORG 2011 - How to add boat data

VRTool software support forum

VORG 2011 - How to add boat data

Postby mustgettaller » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:35 am

Hi,
I'm trying to import boat data from the regatta server, but nothing's returning. Is this possible, or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks,

James
mustgettaller

Re: VORG 2011 - How to add boat data

Postby Q.P. » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:23 pm

Dears,
I have the same problem, I follow all the instructions but I can not run the boat data anda the winds.... please help.
Best regards.
Q.P.

Postby Q.P. » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Dears,
I was trying to get the boat data to VRtool from Firefox, i was looking for the plugin-me temp files inside my computer, and I finded in a folder named plugtmp, when I try VRtool software to import the data it doesn´t find anything... Can you help me??
This is my route looking for the files...
Cache Path: C:\Usuarios\user\AppData\Local\Temp\plugtmp
Inside the folder plugtmp I can find files like plugin-me, plugin-me-1, plugin-1.....
Am I in the right folder...?????
Thanks and best regards..
P.D.
I am working with firefox 3 and windows 7.
Q.P.

Postby dennyzen » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Yes, Omar. This looks like a really good tool. Thank you for working on it.

The cache the tricky part and it is worse because I am using both Windows 7 AND Firefox 6.0. (I knew XP better and haven't used FF since chrome came out. So I have been learning things. That makes some of the time and effort worthwhile.

I found the cache, but the tool doesn't see the plug-in files there. I cleared the cache and reestablished it. Nothing.
I relocated the cache, still nothing.
I then found that the Cache for Firefox 6.0 has a structure--several files labelled 0-F (I thougtht we were beyond hexidecimal!). And inside those folders, other folders or documents with random six or eight dignt names--apparently non predictable. And the documents don't appear readable by anything I have.
I've let about an hour go by between each try while fooling with my boat in the game, so I think I've waited enough.

I believe this new format of the cache for FF 6.0 may prevent me using your FCI. Also, httpFox 8.10 may or maynot be working with FF 6.0 very well. I can't really find any specific info but a couple of recent posts in the Add-On page suggest may this a problem. Any suggestions.

I really like your tool and would like to play with it more. Maybe I'll get it going before the VORG race ends.

DZ
dennyzen

Postby dennyzen » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:33 pm

Omar, about FF 6.0 and up. Never mind, I found the problem explained on earlier post. I get it. We haven't invented time travel or super synching to all versions yet.

So, I'll sail VORG some with zezo advice and my own sailing experience. And I'll just play with VRTool for its own sake--find some other virtual race we don't have to tie into via FF.

Another possibility: I found a Mozilla Cache Viewer with some command line options. Maybe with my limited scripting ability I can open VORG look around a bit and after the next update, close FF and then run that bat file to copy those two files to another folder which I treat inf the FCI like a psuedocache. Then maybe VRTool can use i--without update. I can at least LOOK at what the recommended next move is given the weather files. Then go back to FF and make my move.

Does that sound like something you would encourage?

DZ
dennyzen

Postby dennyzen » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:45 am

This might be a way to go.

I can manually use that cache viewer to load the closed files (FF closed) from www.volvooceanracegame.org to a psuedocache and tell the FCI in VRTool to look in there for the needed file(s). It doesn't see anything when the search string is "plugin-me.*" but if I change that to just "me.*" I get something. Not everything and what I get I am not sure about.

It appears to give me the "Top 10' as tracks. TR_zezoorg, etc. They show up as dots with boat names as labels. It also showed a dot with "L It shows a boat in the BA, I didn't think I saw that before and I can manipulate it, but it has no effect on the screen. I also get "List boats here" as the label of a dot on the map and a label. That's it-no boats listed in that field of VOR list of boats in the Boats tab and clicking on get says Regatta Host empty so it is still looking for boat names from local db. But I have the Top Ten as of an hour ago!!!! Progress.

Do you have any hints so that the me.* file will interface with VRTool properly. If so, I'll keep working on the *.bat file and then try the Wind download again.

DZ
dennyzen

Postby Froos » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi Guys, it looks like every update you get a new file eg
plugin-me
plugin-me-1
plugin-me-2
etc

in the import from firefox tool try adding the * sign instead of "me" like this
plugin-*"

works until after 10 updates the file is named
plugin-me-10 and the tool cannot import anymore, solution to that is to refresh firefox, wait 10 minutes etc

works for me

win xp- firefox 3.0.9 vrtool 1.98a
Froos

Postby StephenH » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:52 pm

I am using FF 8 apparently. I guess updates automatically. Anyway, no luck at all importing boat data. I've tried everything posted here I can find. Hopefully someone finds a solution. It must be working for some people.
Its a great program Omar! Thank you!
StephenH

Postby omar » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:12 pm

StephenH wrote:I am using FF 8 apparently...no luck at all importing boat data

Have you tried to install and activate httpFox? (not sure this works for FF8)
omar
Site Admin

Postby StephenH » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:45 am

Yes I have installed httpfox...no luck. I can't even locate where VORG data is on the computer. I've tried several variations of "plugin-me" and nothing. I'm using Vista home basic. I am not a computer expert...but not completely out of my element. Or maybe I am. It seems that VRTool just can't find anything...but neither can I. I'd really love to get this working. I used it on the last VOR. Thanks for your response.
StephenH

Next

Return to VRTool Forum