release 1.98b - VORG 11

VRTool software support forum

Re: release 1.98b - VORG 11

Postby omar » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Froos wrote:..not many top boats are accepting my friendship....

I'm not doing too well either...

There is still a small problem with NOAA winds: if you download in the two hours
preceding a wind change (i.e. before 6 or 18Z), you get the next winds, not the current.
So don't do that.
omar
Site Admin

Postby mclean » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:48 am

Great work Omar, well done! It's interesting that the routing can now work easily with much more relaxed settings than it could before. :)
mclean

Postby FS Neroform 100 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi Omar
I was sailing blindly until now ........... just like in the good old times when I began with the vendée globe .......... but in the good old times we were making friends - and quite a lot of them. As you say there are not many boats accepting a friendship - well .... I'm a lonely sailor and I can do with that ......... but sailing blindly got more and more on my nerves. As the Jacques-Vabre and the Clipper have ended, I tried to make some improvements on the VORG - but blindly ............ I was wondering whether I could reach the nice winds of the cyclone or not and almost gave up my hopes and felt desperate .......... my last hope was checking your forum to see if eventually some genius might have been able to make VRTools work on the VORG ......................

haleluja - just great ....................

Omar - you gave me back my eyes !! Thanks a lot for this great job you've done.
Hope is coming back and I will be able to take up competition again. To get back into the first 200 will be difficult, but I'm on the way around the anticyclone of St Helena - normal that the ones trying a direct route are ahead ..... but this might change as soon as they'll have to tack against the winds.

Kind regards

Ueli - skipper of FS Neroform 100 (VORG : FSNeroform100)
FS Neroform 100

Postby BobNegraes » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:51 pm

I agree, it's more important the "follows" boat than the friends. I added more than 200 boats like friends (had 1100 following my boat), but I just follow 5 boats. Those 5 are the only that I have interest to see in my VRTool interface.

Thanks again, Omar, for this great VRtool
BobNegraes

Postby Rudneijr » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:27 pm

Omar,

I have seen some difference between NOAA winds and Toutoulz winds... If I download NOAA winds, VRTool shows my boat in a 14.80 Knots wind (not correct) and using F2 and Toutolulz server it shows 15.2 Knots (same as VORG)... You know what´s wrong? Can you help this brazilian fan of yours?

Rudnei
Rudneijr

Postby sinbad77 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:26 pm

New player needs advice. How do i find the winds ?.
I have downloaded release 1.98 and completed the instructions. The "input from Firefox" worked OK and the scan button brought up 2 plugin-me files
just as the instruction demonstrated. I checked "include winds box but no winds appeared. The VR Tracks tab showed the names of boats , some of which i found on the chart. but still no winds.
I guess there are a lot of players out there who have this working OK and I am hoping someone will help me out on this. - Please.
Sinbad77
sinbad77

Postby omar » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:02 am

sinbad77 wrote: I checked "include winds box but no winds appeared. The VR Tracks tab showed the names of boats

VORG winds are not imported from game files. Only boat data. The "import winds" option works only for Virtual Regatta games.
For VORG you can eirther use NOAA or vrtoutoulz winds. Both are very similar to game winds.
Remember to activate bilinear interpolation.
omar
Site Admin

Re: release 1.98a - VORG 11

Postby Sparepresto » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:47 pm

I am using the path below
C:\Documents and Settings\carlos\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\re36geg3.default and have tried several other variations.

IMHO the correct path should be

C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USERNAME HERE]\AppData\Local\Temp\

So it's a USER-directory, not a PROGRAM-dir.

This directory is HIDDEN in default Windows-settings.
To make it visible go to Windows Explorer and choose :
Organise - File & Search Options - Display - Check Display Hidden Files and Directories
( or something like this ; I translated it from a Dutch Windows 7 )
Sparepresto

Postby with integrity » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Hi Omar I'm trying to get VR tool up and running for the volvo everything ok,only when I try to download the winds using import grib this is what I get Updating winds. Tm=18-12-2011 17:46
Dt=18-12-2011 Forecast=06
C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp00.grb downloaded ok
C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp12.grb downloaded ok
C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp24.grb downloaded ok
C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp36.grb downloaded ok
C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp48.grb downloaded ok
C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp60.grb downloaded ok
C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp72.grb downloaded ok
downloads finished
all files downloaded.
parsing C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp00.grb..
error:error running degrib

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
I hope you can help me.

best regards, Rob
with integrity

Postby sinbad77 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:21 pm

I have followed the instructions but when I try to install the VR Tool I get an error message as follows

"Exception EOLESys error in module VRTool .exe at 00144E19, Error accessing The OLE Registry"

I have no idea what that means or how to react. I have tried uninstalling the VRTool and that re- installing in accordance with instructions but still get the same error message.

I hope some kind person reading this will help.
sinbad77

PreviousNext

Return to VRTool Forum