Bug reports

VRTool software support forum

Bug reports

Postby mob44 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:40 pm

Omar, all great, however I am trying to deal with VRTool for sometime and I am unsuccessful. It seems that I do not do all from the scratch for Clippers race. I am missing something and no date can be found or installed. Suggestion: perhaps short/long manual from the very beginning would help. I did read all posts and tried all suggestions and it looks like whole process is missing something. Can you help?
Thanks.
mob44

Re: VRTool home

Postby GRYF » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:54 pm

For last few days VRTool is showing error: access vaiolation at address 004DEAD1 !!! It is happening at the time I want to check forecast in 12 hour increements. Whats wrong?
GRYF

Re: Bug reports

Postby GRYF » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:36 pm

....and now VRTool is somehow corrupted(?) and show the same errors anything I click. Also it does not show half of the winds - mainly there is no winds where my boats are. Any advice anybody? It did work really good till week ago! What happened?
GRYF

Postby Ricoo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:24 am

I have the same crash, it only occurs when the winds 150_50, 165_50 or 150_40 are loaded and displayed AND if you display the polar charts or best course or best VMC.
If you just display the wind arrow + speed + direction, it's OK.

Omar, does this give you any clue ?
Last edited by omar on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageVR ToutoulZ ! . . . . . . . . . . (Tools and stuff for VR races and VRTool)
Ricoo

Postby GRYF » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:21 am

That is it Ricco!!! Thx for the tip. I hope Omar will fix it soon!
GRYF

Postby omar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Ricoo wrote:Omar, does this give you any clue ?

I'm doing as described, but I'm not getting the error.
Are you using the full polars?
Are you using the last version of vrtool (that with the full polars fix) ?
omar
Site Admin

Re: Bug reports - Routing using poor VMG

Postby WHL » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Omar,
Thanks for all the great work you do with VR Tool. It makes the Virtual Game much more interesting than the boring, and frankly awkward user interface they have for setting headings, seeing where you headings intersect with land etc...

Question: I am running XP-Pro, VRTool Ver 1.8, standard polars for both Standard and Pro sails, and generally have had no problems. Recently I have noticed that the routing is giving me suggested upwind routes with TWA's that are way too tight e.g. the best VMG for an upwind destination is 36 degrees TWA at a certain TWS. The routing has given me 25 degrees for the TWA. (Note: the correct polars have been used and set before running the WR). Shouldn't it give me a route with tacks at the best VMG and not a single tack at sub-optimal TWA's?

Is there something I'm not doing in the WR config to resolve this? Note: I have been using the defaults.

As an aside, I have noticed when using the ruler tool, that VRTool is giving me higher boats speeds than the game is. I have not seen such differences on earlier legs of the race. I am using the same polars as the last leg. Do you know if the Virtual game site has changed their polars, or have changed their interpolation for a given TWA and TWS? Since I have not changed anything in VRTool's config since the last leg, I naturally suspect the difference is a result of something at the Virtual game site.

Many thanks
WHL
WHL

Postby Ricoo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:57 am

omar wrote:
Ricoo wrote:Omar, does this give you any clue ?

I'm doing as described, but I'm not getting the error.
Are you using the full polars?
Are you using the last version of vrtool (that with the full polars fix) ?

Sorry for not telling at first, yes, full polars and latest version (1.83-beta 26/fev/2010).
But strange, this morning, it's not doing it again, maybe there was something with the winds, a shame I didn't save them.
I'll try to make it happen again, then I'll keep as much data as possible.
ImageVR ToutoulZ ! . . . . . . . . . . (Tools and stuff for VR races and VRTool)
Ricoo

Postby Ricoo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:05 am

OK, I reproduced, but with different winds. Maybe there's something to do with strong winds.
Below, you'll find link to the polars I'm currently using and the responsible wind file from VR.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ijwzkq5mgzy
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zm2gkyhycnw
Hope this will help. ;)
Ricoo

Postby Ricoo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:21 am

I did a little more tests...
It's only doing it when the wind interpolation is checked with full polars.
Not at all with standard polars nor with full polars and interpolation unchecked.
So, as I advise on my site, don't check interpolation if you wish to use the full polars.
Ricoo

Next

Return to VRTool Forum