Polars for Clipper

VRTool software support forum

Polars for Clipper

Postby flagpole » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:24 am

Despite my best efforts, I still can’t get the Clipper polars into VR Tool. :?
I am constantly stuck with the Volvo boat polars.
I have read the forums and web site/s, clicked on all the links, read, downloaded and run any applications etc. (There are plenty of enquiries and solutions offered).
Some links that I have been lead to are not in English so I can’t read them. Eg;-
http://vrtoutoulz.exofire.net/polars/ Not in English.
dl.free.fr/v2WzjjIXg Not in English.
I have downloaded the ‘Polars and Charts for Clipper’. Unzipped ‘ClipperLeg1 and got this loaded into VR Tool. No change (I still have the Volvo boat polars)
I have uninstalled the program & reloaded. No change.
I have downloaded the ‘Polar Chart’ application. File|Import|ClipperPro etc. No result.
I have tried the tutorial ‘Importing boat and wind files from Firefox cache’. I can’t find a directory c:\documents and settings\... in my WindowsXP – but I’m not sure that this is an issue (related to the above subject) at this time.
Entering my boat name in the VR Tool ‘Boats’ tab doesn’t seem to do anything so I guess I’m not adding to MyPolars.csv?
I gather that the *.csv files are data for the polars?
What am I missing to get the clipper polars into VR Tool? :?:
flagpole

Re: Polars for Clipper

Postby flagpole » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:43 am

It’s OK guys, I’ve got the solution. :D (before anyone offers one – thanks)
I got stuck on the fact that VR Tool always looks for its data in the \polares.csv file :o
So I just had to replace/rename the existing \polares.csv with the data from bighorn.000page.com.
Awesome.
flagpole

Postby Ricoo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi flagpole, as the author of vrtoutoulz, I may answer you.

First, you should have clicked on the English flag on the upper-right corner to get it in English (or click here).

Second, you didn't have to rename your polar file, but simply enter the proper filename in the "Polars" field in the VRTool Wind tab. There is a browse button to help you find the file on your disk.

Third, with the latests version of VRTool, there is a new configuration checkbox in the VRTool misc tab that allows you to save this polar configuration (and more) along with your .nav file. Making it easier to switch between races.

Fourth, the site on 000page, is quite the same as on exofire, except that I use it as a backup site when the other one is off, so it is not always up to date.

Did you try the full format of my csv files ? Now you can get the site in English, you may understand their benefit.

Sorry for the delay in my answer, I don't come here very often. ;)
ImageVR ToutoulZ ! . . . . . . . . . . (Tools and stuff for VR races and VRTool)
Ricoo

Postby Neptune » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:30 am

Ricoo wrote:Hi flagpole, as the author of vrtoutoulz, I may answer you.

First, you should have clicked on the English flag on the upper-right corner to get it in English (or click here).

Second, you didn't have to rename your polar file, but simply enter the proper filename in the "Polars" field in the VRTool Wind tab. There is a browse button to help you find the file on your disk.

Third, with the latests version of VRTool, there is a new configuration checkbox in the VRTool misc tab that allows you to save this polar configuration (and more) along with your .nav file. Making it easier to switch between races.

Fourth, the site on 000page, is quite the same as on exofire, except that I use it as a backup site when the other one is off, so it is not always up to date.

Did you try the full format of my csv files ? Now you can get the site in English, you may understand their benefit.

Sorry for the delay in my answer, I don't come here very often. ;)

I know it is not part of the race but does anyone have a set of polar for a C&C 29 ?
Thanks
Neptune

Return to VRTool Forum