Version 1.80 released

VRTool software support forum

Re: Version 1.80 released

Postby ANDRZEY » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:56 pm

Thank you Omar for the advice! :D
But import doesn't work properly. When I import files from ZyGrib catalogues than Firefox starting to work (?), VrTool crashes and everything "blocks".
I will try to move files *.grb to VrTool catalogues and try again... :roll:

Best regards
Andrzej
ANDRZEY

Postby michithesailor » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi Omar!

First of all I want to congratulate you - You did a really good job - Thank you!
I'll know your tool from the last VOR game and saw some days ago that you further proceed to develop this tool - Thanks.

I try it out and it works fine (under Vista) - No crash in your application as described from other useres...

But I think I found maybe a new bug.... :roll:

I use as UGRIB-winddata as inport and imported it with different options - This works fine (sometimes need the raw import really long but I think this can the effect of importing a big area - the whole caribean sea).

Now I try "Weather Routing" for the distance from Greanda to Belize (approx 1500nm) and it looks like good...
But if you look afterwards to the calculated tracks they stop after 36h....

Why?

Maybe there is a limitation of your calculation-result table..???

Kind regards and thanks for your great tool,
Michi
michithesailor

Postby michithesailor » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:47 pm

michithesailor wrote:But I think I found maybe a new bug.... :roll:

I use as UGRIB-winddata as inport and imported it with different options - This works fine (sometimes need the raw import really long but I think this can the effect of importing a big area - the whole caribean sea).

Now I try "Weather Routing" for the distance from Greanda to Belize (approx 1500nm) and it looks like good...
But if you look afterwards to the calculated tracks they stop after 36h....

Hi everybody!

I found my mistake - This is no bug: :geek:

There is a option in the weatherroutingpage "Up to isochrome" which limitate the calculation...

Greeting from vienna
Michi
michithesailor

Previous

Return to VRTool Forum