VRTool V 2.20 & Virtual Regatta Clipper 2012-13

VRTool software support forum

VRTool V 2.20 & Virtual Regatta Clipper 2012-13

Postby Neptune » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Omar
Is VRTool v 2.20 capable of importing boat and wind data from Firefox 23.0.1 ?
I tried to import the data using HttpFox plug-in but it does not seem to work. The files needed are not shown.
Thank for your assistance :oops: :roll:
Neptune
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: VRTool V 2.20 & Virtual Regatta Clipper 2012-13

Postby omar » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:48 pm

the httpFox plug-in method to import boat data
is obsolete since last VORG. Use direct download from
regatta server (if rules allow). Seems to work.
User avatar
omar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:00 am

Re: VRTool V 2.20 & Virtual Regatta Clipper 2012-13

Postby Neptune » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Omar
I tried this:
http://clipper.virtualregatta.com/core/ ... ae48d7b506
and a couple of other. Placed them in the Cathe Path and VR Boat Data but nothing worked.
Can you give me an idea of what the file should look like and where it should be placed
Thanks
Neptune
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: VRTool V 2.20 & Virtual Regatta Clipper 2012-13

Postby Tours_ist » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:27 am

The recovered file should be placed in the Sailing tab (top right), then click GetUser window, Valid to start operation.

The recovery of winds, put in the winds tab on the Settings regatta "vrtoutoulz.fr / clipper / TIME 2 / early / long" server and press F2 to the desired location
Tours_ist
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 am

Re: VRTool V 2.20 & Virtual Regatta Clipper 2012-13

Postby Neptune » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Thank you for the information. I was able to get the boat and the other information from the file below.
I could not get the wind from the location you suggested but had no problem getting it from NOAA.
There is still a minor problem, the boat is shown as a Number not by Name. Do you know how to get the Name ?

http://clipper.virtualregatta.com/core/ ... ser=XXXXX( X will be replaced with your boat name)&lang=EN&light=1&auto=1&checksum=f4d8d9931b68628ff337eaad109b52ae48d7b506

This file is placed in the BOATS Tab, in Boat Data, Getuser box then check the small square next to the Getuser box.
If done properly you will see an "OK" under the box and the boat information displayed below

For those fallowing this, the file is aquired by using HTTPFOX and using Firefox as the browser.
Neptune
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: VRTool V 2.20 & Virtual Regatta Clipper 2012-13

Postby Tours_ist » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:11 am

Neptune wrote:There is still a minor problem, the boat is shown as a Number not by Name. Do you know how to get the Name ?

http://clipper.virtualregatta.com/core/ ... ser=XXXXX( X will be replaced with your boat name)&lang=EN&light=1&auto=1&checksum=f4d8d9931b68628ff337eaad109b52ae48d7b506

This file is placed in the BOATS Tab, in Boat Data, Getuser box then check the small square next to the Getuser box.
If done properly you will see an "OK" under the box and the boat information displayed below

For those fallowing this, the file is aquired by using HTTPFOX and using Firefox as the browser.


error recovery vessel location with N° is red.
It should not be self to recover the data.
Here's how this should be collecting:
http://clipper.virtualregatta.com/core/ ... r&id_user=xxxxxx&lang=FR&light=1&checksum=8e274cexah4beca45uifjklac88cbd612b038a8faf
Tours_ist
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 am

Re: VRTool V 2.20 & Virtual Regatta Clipper 2012-13

Postby Neptune » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Removing the "auto=1" does not work for me. I get the following message " no boat data" :(
the above is in the Tab " Boat" on the top right hand side of the screen

There is also a place in the Top Left hand side under the "File", Import from Firefox, which brings up a small screen with 2 places to put a file in:
1 - Cache Path:
2 - VR boat data
placing a file without "auto=1" in either one of those also does not work.
Any other suggestion ?
Neptune
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: VRTool V 2.20 & Virtual Regatta Clipper 2012-13

Postby Tours_ist » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:41 am

Neptune wrote:Removing the "auto=1" does not work for me. I get the following message " no boat data" :(
the above is in the Tab " Boat" on the top right hand side of the screen

There is also a place in the Top Left hand side under the "File", Import from Firefox, which brings up a small screen with 2 places to put a file in:
1 - Cache Path:
2 - VR boat data
placing a file without "auto=1" in either one of those also does not work.
Any other suggestion ?


you must repeat a search without Auto, to retrieve the checksum.

The checksum and Auto Off Auto is not the same
Tours_ist
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 am

Re: VRTool V 2.20 & Virtual Regatta Clipper 2012-13

Postby Neptune » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:29 pm

There are two files that are shown one is the one with the "Auto=1", the other is "Getfriend" these are the only "application/xml" shown.

http://clipper.virtualregatta.com/core/ ... ae48d7b506

http://clipper.virtualregatta.com/core/ ... 5d8880eaab

The file you are suggesting does not seem to exist
Neptune
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: VRTool V 2.20 & Virtual Regatta Clipper 2012-13

Postby Tours_ist » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:56 am

Neptune wrote:There are two files that are shown one is the one with the "Auto=1", the other is "Getfriend" these are the only "application/xml" shown.

http://clipper.virtualregatta.com/core/ ... ae48d7b506

http://clipper.virtualregatta.com/core/Service/ServiceCaller.php?service=GetFriendsList&id_user=XXXXXX&checksum=cb8e5dad2d52d52abb80226fa930e55d8880eaab

The file you are suggesting does not seem to exist


This is good but this one should not be in Auto mode on the game while recovering.
http://clipper.virtualregatta.com/core/Service/ServiceCaller.php?service=GetFriendsList&id_user=XXXXXX&checksum=cb8e5dad2d52d52abb80226fa930e55d8880eaab
Tours_ist
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 am

Next

Return to VRTool Forum