Polar data can be imported to vrtool format from VirtualRegatta
using a wizard in Polar Studio.
1) Using httpFox, save all files named vpp_1_*.csv to a new local folder.
There is one for each sail, numbered 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 and 64.
2) in vrtool main menu, select >View > Polar Studio
3) In Polar Studio select > File >New Polars
4) select: >File > import VPPs
5) Locate the VPP folder where you saved files in step 1.
to select all
VPP files at once.
Sails will be imported to the Studio.
6) Fix the icon index
for each sail, according to the table:
Sail = icon index
Genoa or Solent= 0
Jib or Trinquette = 1
Code Zero = 2
Light Spi or Gennaker = 3
Heavy Spi or Gennaker = 4
Remember to click [Apply] after you edit each icon index .
If you are without optional sails, delete sails you don't have.
7) Save the polar file, named as polarsRegattaName
8) Back to vrtool, select the new file and click load