Reality Check

VRTool software support forum

Reality Check

Postby Neptune » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:25 pm

I 'm following with great interest the discussions on the wind update and course setting. I have been using VRT ever since it became available a couple of years ago and I find it fun to use it and get a second opinion from it.
If you hope to win this game by using it you have not chance at all. VRT in my opinion is very useful for a short distance for long one it is not good.
Not that there is anything wrong with the program but the data to put in it changes very much at every wind update that makes the previous route useless.
Let me give you an example from the start VRT suggested a route along the coast of Africa which I did not take I went across the ocean to South America and was in 275,000 place I have since crossed the Atlantic ocean and I'm in 9000 place. Those 260,000 + boats I passed were on the coast of Africa.
There is nothing as good as looking at the long range forecast from NOAA in the viewer used by NOAA to get get an idea of what the long range wind forecast will be.
Use all the tool available to get information but ultimately YOU have to sail the boat.
Fair winds to all and have fum :D :roll: :lol:
Neptune

Return to VRTool Forum