ViewFinder / Target on arrival

VRTool software support forum

ViewFinder / Target on arrival

Postby tytof » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:21 pm

Hello,
thanks Omar for the great job, I enjoy using VRTtool for the Vendee Globe.
As I'm a beginner I have an issue with the "ViewFinder on arrival" that I have set by inadvertance. I could not find how to set/unset this "target" and of course the VMC information is wrong. Could you indicate me what is the method to unset this feature. I tried to delete the reference of the arrival directly into the .nav file but without any success.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Tytof
tytof

Re: ViewFinder / Target on arrival

Postby omar » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:36 pm

tytof wrote:I could not find how to set/unset this "target" ...

In the boat attitude panel (the one with the boat instruments), click the settings
button (the one with the sliders, top right). This will open a small panel below where you can
set the destination, regatta start time etc...

Tricky... :mrgreen:
omar
Site Admin

Postby tytof » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Hello Omar,
Thanks for your prompt answer.
This is indeed from the small sub-panel linked to the boat attitude main panel that I activated the feature I call the "viewfinder", "circle with a cross inside" icon. I understand that activating this icon will help to set a target on the map in order to facilitate the finish but at this time of the game, this target can't be suppressed. Maybe it's a normal situation in the way this target is always present.
In my first analysis, this "viewfinder" is responsible of the wrong VMC information I have in the boat attitude panel (of course my way is the opposite of the arrival). I have tried to move it on my way and my VMC is good. I though it was only a pointer dedicated to point the finish line...I didn't well understood the extent of its role so I was a bit disturbed by the operation.
For the rest, the tool works fine since the latest revision.
Regards.
:idea:
Tytof
tytof

Postby omar » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:42 am

tytof wrote: "circle with a cross inside" icon.

you see this "circle icon" in the program in places where you have to input point coordinates (lat/lon pairs)
You may type the coordinates or point in the chart. To point, click the circle icon followed by
a click on the chart at the desired position. After that second click, the coordinates are imported to the edit boxes.
omar
Site Admin

Return to VRTool Forum