Vendée version 2.10

VRTool software support forum

Re: Vendée version 2.10

Postby fogmachine » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:08 pm

An update - I wasn't able to track down the WR issue described earlier, but I got it to work by creating a new desktop from scratch. Great tool, but not sure I believe the WR results totally - so I still have to sail the boat :D.
fogmachine

Re: Vendée version 2.10

Postby Berg » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi Omar,

regarding NOAA and Weather Routing timing I'm currently trying to find a Config setting to get what we all would like :
1- Change wheather at same time than VR
2- have the local (or VR is the same for me) time in the WR routes and scheduler.

couple of things that look strange to me :
in ( tab Other > Track designer settings ), when using option 2 (wind update time + time shift)
I'm located in France (Nobody's perfect) i.e. GMT-1 and when i click on system time area I receive -1hr (good)
BUT looking at "time of the game" time is late by 1hr (?????) and to get the right time of the game I have to set the time area at -2hrs.
Consequently in WR timings are "late" by 2hrs

In an attemp to get correct schedule timing I set time zone at zero and got right time schedules
BUT weather time changes are at 6:00 and 18:00 instead of 8:00 20:00 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Same for "old" 2.09 version or new 2.10
to get the right weather time update in 2.09 I just set time zone at -1hr in NOAA settings

Hope this could help
Berg

Previous

Return to VRTool Forum