Vendee 2012 update 2.06

VRTool software support forum

Re: Vendee 2012 update 2.06

Postby Le Grand DIC » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:25 am

Hi Omar,

Forget my question : thanks to Bilbo, who said that there are a few URL that look the same, I have restarted the process and I now get the correct speeds and therefore the boat position (my boat and friends).

Please confirm if I can translate the post on my blog.

Many thanks for your work

DIC

PS: Nice to see you back Al. Sorry for yesterday evening but we had a bad memory of 2010. :D
Le Grand DIC

Postby AUS DF » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:47 am

Sorry but no speed data in my xml only for friends:
<result>
<state>OK</state>
<user id_user="1917517" date="2012-11-11 05:45:19" dateGMT="2012-11-11 04:45:19" clientVersion="13" windDate="20121110235830">
<full_option>1</full_option>
<nb_creditsMP>8750</nb_creditsMP>
<position date="2012-11-11 05:37:01">
<latitude>45.2900033704</latitude>
<longitude>-5.57931056103</longitude>
<voile>8</voile>
<cap>228</cap>
<distancerestante>27908.6</distancerestante>
<distanceparcourue>186.312</distanceparcourue>
<option_voile_auto_activated>1</option_voile_auto_activated>
<classement>1905</classement>
<checkpoint>0</checkpoint>
<option_regulateur_cap>65</option_regulateur_cap>
<diffClassement>0</diffClassement>
</position>
AUS DF

Postby wingit » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:29 am

AUS DF
keep searching i have found the correct file
http://vendeeglobevirtuel.virtualregatt ... 6f7800b44c
the original file i found was the same as yours with only friends boat speed
wingit

Postby wetwillie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:15 am

OK previous FAQ's said to go with Firefox 15 and httpfox 0.8.1 so I updated those and took another look at the boat data line. I found 2 that were alike EXCEPT for one of them had &auto=1 in it. That one didn't work but the one without that DID work.
Now the one thing that keeps me from using the tool is I can't find the right wind settings. They show correctly in the boat data but not on the grid. I've tried putting every combination of times and zones and numbers in all the boxes I could find and still get the wrong winds in the grid. It doesn't seem to matter what I put in the Regatta Settings either. Another strange thing is the Sail names don't match the game names. If anyone can help it might prevent me from throwing myself out the window in frustration.
wetwillie

Postby BVandeBrake » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:38 pm

wetwillie wrote:OK previous FAQ's said to go with Firefox 15 and httpfox 0.8.1 so I updated those and took another look at the boat data line. I found 2 that were alike EXCEPT for one of them had &auto=1 in it. That one didn't work but the one without that DID work.
Now the one thing that keeps me from using the tool is I can't find the right wind settings. They show correctly in the boat data but not on the grid. I've tried putting every combination of times and zones and numbers in all the boxes I could find and still get the wrong winds in the grid. It doesn't seem to matter what I put in the Regatta Settings either. Another strange thing is the Sail names don't match the game names. If anyone can help it might prevent me from throwing myself out the window in frustration.

Thank you guys very much, finding the URL without "&auto=1" solved my problems as well! Whew!
BVandeBrake

Postby westsailor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:48 pm

I found the same as wetwillie...I had to paste the correct info to the boat field and there were a couple to choose from. the one that looks like this
http://vendeeglobevirtuel.virtualregatt ... ksum=YYYYY worked great for me where XXXXX represents your unique boat id and YYYYY is the long checksum value. Make sure you completely delete the old boat field entry since no remnants of the previous field can be left in the entry box. I am using Firefox 16.02. Still having trouble getting the winds and sails to match the ones in the game though.
westsailor

Postby mondello » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:16 pm

To westwillie (can't find the right wind setting).

1) - If you haven't got the polar file.
Download the file vendeeglobe_pro-full.csv and put it into the VRTool folder.
Then run VRTool and go to WINDS - POLAR DATABASE.
Fill the box SIMPLE POLARS with the position of the file vendeeglobe_pro-full.csv (the folder icon let you navigate your HD) and load it.
In the aselected FIELD, check the option SIMPLE POLARS.

2) - The winds.
Go to WINDS - REGATTA SETTING.
In the field SERVER, write vrtoutoulz.fr/early
In order to have the correct sails, in the field SAIL NAMES write 1=Foc,2=Spi,4=Trinquette,8=Solent,16=CodeZero,32=LightGen,64=HeavyGen
Go to the map, place the pointer where you want to have the wind grid and press F2.
Wait a moment (in the last few days the server is solw) and you will see the wind grid on your map.
Repeat the last step if you want to see the wind grid in other zones.
mondello

Postby omar » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:39 pm

I haven'tested file vendeeglobe_pro-full.csv, but note that
vrtool weather routing performs poorly with vrtoutoulz "full" polar files.
Use the "classique" version instead (also available from vrtoutoulz AFAIK).
omar
Site Admin

Postby wetwillie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:39 pm

mondello wrote:To westwillie (can't find the right wind setting).

1) - If you haven't got the polar file.
Download the file vendeeglobe_pro-full.csv and put it into the VRTool folder.
Then run VRTool and go to WINDS - POLAR DATABASE.
Fill the box SIMPLE POLARS with the position of the file vendeeglobe_pro-full.csv (the folder icon let you navigate your HD) and load it.
In the aselected FIELD, check the option SIMPLE POLARS.

2) - The winds.
Go to WINDS - REGATTA SETTING.
In the field SERVER, write vrtoutoulz.fr/early
In order to have the correct sails, in the field SAIL NAMES write 1=Foc,2=Spi,4=Trinquette,8=Solent,16=CodeZero,32=LightGen,64=HeavyGen
Go to the map, place the pointer where you want to have the wind grid and press F2.
Wait a moment (in the last few days the server is solw) and you will see the wind grid on your map.
Repeat the last step if you want to see the wind grid in other zones.

I can't thank you enough mondello, I am no longer contemplating violence against my computer screen. The thing I've been doing wrong is this: I thought we were supposed to get the winds by clicking one of the many "Winds" buttons and no matter what I entered in the "import grib file" window the wrong winds showed on the map. By clearing them and just hitting the F2 button Voila! What the heck are all those "Winds" buttons for??? I thought I would go mad putting in different time zones, etc. even manually downloading every timestamp I could still had no matches for the game winds. I knew there was some simple reason why I was the only person who couldn't get the winds. F2! Good god, I never would have guessed. Thank you Thank you Thank you
wetwillie

Postby Malamoc » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:11 pm

I tried ...it worked for half an hour, then impossible to download the position by copying the http://vendeeglobevirtuel.virtualregatt ... bXXXXXXXXX and clic on GET!
Malamoc

PreviousNext

Return to VRTool Forum