Version 2.04

VRTool software support forum

Version 2.04

Postby omar » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Posted version 2.04

changes:
- Button to download/update winds from the main window toolbar (without having to open the NOAA window)
- Best sail wind angle range plotted in the boat attitude panel
- Download wind time now shown in the Winds panel (main window)
- Fixed problem of new winds not showing correctly after a download ( one had to click [12] then [0] to fix )
- Full installer setupVrtool.exe also updated to version 2.04 ( so new users don't have install vrtool.zip after setupVrtool.exe)
- [x]Autoupdate checkbox in Firefox module was made persistent, so you don't have to click that every time the program is restarted.
- Removed requirement of admin rights (program will not hang if component registration fails). This allows running from pen drives at the office without having to bribe the IT guy.

to upgrade, go to http://www.tecepe.com.br/nav/vrtool/download.htm

Take some time to visit the improved WIKI
Thanks Mr Mclean for helping with the wiki :ugeek:
omar
Site Admin

Re: Version 2.04

Postby bravoki7514 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Bonjour,
Je viens d'updater mon VRTOOL, qui fonctionnait parfaitement. Mais, entre deux courses et en attendant le départ dimanche 10, j'ai cru bon de passer en 2.04.
J'ai donc loadé, j'ai bien retrouvé mes cartes, mais je suis incapable de tracer une route météo. Alors que précédemment: IMPECCABLE!
D'accord, j'ai encore 2 jours et demi pour trouver, Mais ... pourrais-je y arriver?
J'utilise les vents de GRIB excellents, mais je dois mal paramétrer les cartes de vents, car le programme se déclare "out memory" au bout de 5 minutes!!!
Pourriez-vous me donner des paramètres adhoc pour m'assurer que le programme fonctionne dans une zone de 100NM à l'Ouest de Lisbonne, de vendredi à samedi 9 juin. Je pense me débrouiller ensuite.Merci
bravoki7514
bravoki7514

Re: Version 2.04 [and VORG]

Postby Alexandria » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:07 pm

The winds VRTool gets from NOAA and vrtoutoulz are not even close to the ones VORG is displaying now [20120608, 2100Z]. I do not have any idea why. Do you? :)
Alexandria

Postby bravoki7514 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Bonjour, Omar
Je viens d’uploader la version 2.04 de VRTool.
Alors que j’étais très content de la version précédente ; je suis maintenant incapable de tracer mes routes météo actuellement.
Pourriez-vous me donner des paramètres adhoc que je rentrerais dans le routage météo, afin de m’assurer que tous mes paramètres fonctionnent correctement.
J’utilise les vents GRIB et je souhaiterais effectuer un trajet de 100NM au 230 à l’Ouest de Lisbonne.
Le routage météo se déclare out of memory au bout de 5 minutes. Alors que précédemment TOUT était IMPECCABLE !
Départ dimanche 10 juin pour la VLM Ocean Race Leg 8 Lisbonne/Cascai
Merci pour votre aide
Bravoki7514
bravoki7514

Postby pceribelli » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:17 pm

Dear Omar, I have installed the new version (full installation) into my Win7 with Firefox 13 and HttpFox all updated today.
The problem is that when import data the wind are imported for a different zone. And the boat it's not updated.
SimplePolar are settings "C:\Program Files (x86)\VRTool\PolaresVOC.csv"
Th cache path C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\
The Boat data:plugin-ServiceCaller-*.php
The software worked with 1.97f until today. When this morning the program don't worked I try to update a the new version.
Can you give me help for this problem.
My regards
Pietro
pceribelli

Postby pceribelli » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:53 am

Omar good morning, I have see your specification in a post regarding wind.
Because I have the same problem, I don't have the possibility to see the wind.
I have check the Time and it's display in correct format.
I see your post:
Alternatively, you can use vrtoutoulz winds with similar results:
In the Regatta Config tab (main vrtool window) set
Host=www.vrtoutoulz.fr/winds
But I don't see where put the host, can you give more indication regarding Rgatta Config Tab?
Regards
Pietro
pceribelli

Postby pceribelli » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:46 am

Omar I send the link where you can see the problem. regarding version 2.04 that i I have reinstalled full.
http://jumbofiles.com/b8fqd4yti6zk
HttpFox work correctly, but when try CTRL+I the file are downloaded, but in a wrong zone.
pceribelli

Postby pceribelli » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Omar I have fond solution
http://www.tecepe.com.br/NAV/VRTool/off ... ialFCI.htm
And very important it's clear all data inside Firefox.
My best regards
pceribelli

Postby omar » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:02 pm

bravoki7514 wrote:Pourriez-vous me donner des paramètres adhoc que je rentrerais dans le routage météo, afin de m’assurer que tous mes paramètres fonctionnent correctement.

Check the wiki page http://www.tecepe.com.br/wiki/index.php ... uting_tips

key differences between Virtual Regatta and VORG races:
- For VR, use [x]Add branches at full degrees checked (i.e. route branching at rectangle borders)
- For VORG, use [x]Add branches at isochrones checked (i.e. route branching at fixed time intervals)
- number of branches at each node can be larger for VORG
omar
Site Admin

Postby Dana1 I » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:35 am

Hi,

When attempting to download the full version I get the following error

"502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server."

It looks like the 2.05 file would download, but I need the full version first.

Thank you,
-JJ
Dana1 I

Return to VRTool Forum