Re: Volvo Ocean Race - Beta

Postby omar » Mon May 09, 2011 1:01 pm

no data in my screen!
.. You have to use the Force, Luke..
omar
Site Admin

Postby Billbo » Tue May 10, 2011 4:35 am

If there is one thing I have learnt about coputer programmers is they can't resist a challange, I think Omar will sort something out. Now having said that I think all us Virtual Yacht racers take Omars' great work for granted. I really think a user should pay, there are not many programs that are kept up to date and are free.
Billbo

Postby omar » Tue May 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Billbo wrote:If there is one thing I have learnt about coputer programmers is they can't resist a challange, I think Omar will sort something out. Now having said that I think all us Virtual Yacht racers take Omars' great work for granted. I really think a user should pay, there are not many programs that are kept up to date and are free.

Thank you Billbo. Regarding the "challenge" of hacking into data, I don't really like it.
To tell the truth, I think Obama should send a couple Seals after those hackers.
I'm more interested in the sailing thing. Regarding the money, I'm 100% with you ;)
Try to get some feature added to Excel by posting to their forum...
and still..
omar
Site Admin

Postby Le Grand DIC » Tue May 10, 2011 3:23 pm

+1 Omar.

We always need more from you but it is because we are now so used to your tool that we can't afford to lose it ...
I will post the same on the Paco / Ricoo forum. And indeed I'm considering updating my guide to virtual regatta if possible ...

Best wishes

DIC
Le Grand DIC

Postby Le Grand DIC » Tue May 10, 2011 3:38 pm

No there are not that many tools that are maintained for free. It is unfortunate that one cannot understand the efforts and the time that required.
They can spend easily 200 € per year for 10 races to buy the options but are unable to create a paypal account to send 10 € to Omar, Paco or Ricoo ... :twisted:

Once this is said, I join Billbo to "challenge" you :lol: We are so used to the tool that it would be very cruel to leave us in the middle of nowhere ...

Best wishes Omar

DIC
Le Grand DIC

Postby Le Grand DIC » Wed May 11, 2011 4:01 am

I agree with Omar : if you want to get VRTool interfaced with the VOR, the first thing is that the dev team publishes ... an interface. Trying to decode a file that you don't know is an exploit that is not easy to do at all.

Please, use the feedback button to suggest that they publish this interface.

Cheers

DIC
Le Grand DIC

Postby omar » Wed May 11, 2011 1:38 pm

Le Grand DIC TPN wrote:Trying to decode a file that you don't know is an exploit that is not easy to do at all.

Yeah, it's not easy.

:roll: :idea: In the end, one can always type the points
omar
Site Admin

Postby omar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:25 pm

received from user OldChapZ via em-mail:

I use a localhost/get_user.php?pseudo=xxx (requesting VR) to update my VR-boats in VRTool 1.94
and I think I'll be able to do the same for vorg_beta.

I'm now interested in the 1.97 land collision detection. I'd like to give it a try but need to go back to 1.94 if not satisfied with this 1.97.

Do you think 1.97 will work the way 1.94 did ? (I can modify my get_user.php if needed.)
Do you have a 1.94 setup ? I didn't keep mine.

Thanks in advance.

Michel (OldChapZ)
omar
Site Admin

Postby omar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:30 pm

OldChapZ

The old Volvo "get boat data" button will not work in the current Volvo beta.
The system is different from previous Volvo.

Om
omar
Site Admin

Postby OldChapZ » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Omar,
First, thank you for revalidating my profile on the forum.

omar wrote:The old Volvo "get boat data" button will not work in the current Volvo beta.
The system is different from previous Volvo.
I know.

My question is :
Does your get_user.php(1.97f) work the way get_user.php(1.94) did ?
Anyway, I'll give it a try on a test computer. I'm afraid not to be able to get back to 1.94 after installing 1.97f.
OldChapZ

PreviousNext

Return to VRTool Forum