Boat attitude not working

VRTool software support forum

Boat attitude not working

Postby ricklh » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:48 am

My version of VRTool is not updating the BA window when I 'Mouseover' a track ... including my own. This feature has been very useful in discovering competitors True Course (the mouseover 'tool' tip
only gives TWA) and, most importantly, their VMC. All of a sudden this feature does not work.
The BA window is working with Ruler and Track tool but not the Arrow tool. I've reloaded past nav file from old race legs and the tool is not working there either. :cry:
I'm using VRTool 1.95 and it has been working great till now. HELP!
Last edited by ricklh on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ricklh

Re: Boat attitude not working

Postby omar » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:52 pm

Boat Attitude panel only updates when you
have boat data loaded. It does not show if you
point a track but there is no boat data for that boat.
omar
Site Admin

Postby ricklh » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:32 pm

I'm not sure exactly what "having boat data loaded" means, but I have the tracks updating through the firefox cache and the tracks themselves are showing new points at each update. I am sure I've been using this feature before but I set up a new race and now I can't seem to figure out what has changed.Thanks for helping me sort it out.
I AM sailing more than one login at VR and each has a different friend list, but I have checked to make sure I'm pointing at a track that is updating currently (if that matters).
When I update from the cache, the BA shows the logged in boat. It displays that data till I use the RULER or TRACKBUILD tool. From that point, I can't get the BA to display headings when pointing at ANY track even if I point back at the logged in boat's track.
What am I missing?
ricklh

Postby ricklh » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:22 am

omar wrote:Boat Attitude panel only updates when you
have boat data loaded. It does not show if you
point a track but there is no boat data for that boat.

I'm not sure what you mean 'no boat data for that boat'.
I have the boat listed as 'friend' at VR site and their track is updating the position for that boat each time I import from FireFox cache. Is there some other 'data' I need to load for the boat to get BA to show for that boat? I'm pretty sure it was showing Heading and VMC for friend's boats in the Velux race and stopped working in the Sedebo. I am guessing I mis-configured VRTool for this race. BTW I'm using VRTool 1.95.
Thanks for helping.
ricklh

Postby omar » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:13 pm

ricklh wrote:I'm not sure what you mean 'no boat data for that boat'.

Means that no boat data was recently loaded (for instance from Firefox cache)
You may have the boat track, but real time information is not present.
omar
Site Admin

Postby ricklh » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:30 pm

OK, I see. I do have recent boat data as the tracks ARE updating from the FF cache.
Still no BA display. To add some other info, I recently returned to the nav file for the Velux as that race is restarting and the BA is working as before, i.e. all boat which are updating tracks give a BA display when their track is selected. So it seems that I have somehow corrupted the file I'm using for the Sodebo as this is the only time it DOESN'T work. Or perhaps the data in the cache is different for this race??
I guess there is no way to fix it now and still keep all the track data I already have so I'll suffer through. ;)
Thanks for your help and all the work you do to make VR racing better.
ricklh

Return to VRTool Forum