Problem for VRTool in new interface

VRTool software support forum

Problem for VRTool in new interface

Postby BobNegraes » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:36 pm

Hi, Omar

I'm finding some problems with VRTool with the new VR's interface. I had not participated in the last race around England, so I was warned by a friend, the skipper of Brazil Virtual 2 that something was not working correctly in VRTool the new interface.

See the email I received from him:

"Tell me, do you know if Omar had changed something in the way that the tracks (trilhas) are made from version 1.90 to 1.94? At 1.94 I can not do more tracks(trilhas) as before, VRTool is always making reference to my actual hours and 3 hours more... Well, I played importing the data from version 1.94 and then turned back to use version 1.90 to make my strategy (with version 1.90 it works correct again)".

Then I had read here on the Forum problems about the Weather Router. For testing, I created a boat and went into the game interface (the Sevenstar England race still open). And I found strange things, for example, in the tab "Others", usually we put the schedule winds update, and appears the next update planned for 12 hours. It is now appearing 24 hours later. I made a test path (trilha), and in fact, the track didn't die in 12 hours, but only in 24 hours. So, the winds shifts in the VRTool interface for tracks (trilhas) happens only in 24 hours in my VRTool v. 1.94
(I found something new reinstalling VRtool, in the "Others" tab the time for winds shift turned back to 12 hours, but when I put initial 03:00 h, it again changed to next winds update to 3:00 h or 24 h from initial time. I changed to initial time to 15:00 h and then, presto, next update came correct, at 03:00 h or 12 hours wind update. Very strange).

Could it all be caused because the VR game changed the line pointed to show how far could go in a direction in 12 horas, to now shows 24 hours? (em portugues, para explicar melhor, antes no game uma linha mostrava, para cada rumo apontado, até onde o barco iria em12 horas, mas agora mudou para 24 essa linha de previsão). Maybe that's why the weather route is also not working properly (just a suggestion, I may be wrong). One thing I am sure, something changed in the game that is affecting the operation of the VRTool.

Anyway, next week will start the new Cap-Istanbul, and as I only participate by VRTool (never used Zezo, nor Pacotools), I think I have difficulties with it all. Any idea or suggestions?
BobNegraes

Return to VRTool Forum