I noticed the same problem with weather routing in the seven star regatta.
Weather routing gets really busy. No, nothing was changed in this module recently,
so there is no new bug... Only old ones.
These wind rectangles are small.
The same 0.25deg side (as in solitaire) is just 7.4 NM across,
because the location has high latitude. Also, this boat is faster.
Lots of possibilities and decision points.
WR parameters are geometric filters used to drop as many
tracks as possible, without loosing the best ones.
So far I was not able to find a set of filters that are stable
in every possible granularity (resolution both in space and time)
Finding suitable WR parameters is still a trial & error quest.
Sometimes Cancel will work. Some times not.
These are guidelines for "going easy" with vrtool WR:
- use decimal intervals (p.e. '0.1' for 6 minutes. Smaller times prune the track tree more often, resulting in controlled size)
- up to isochrone 12 (use smaller time horizon first)
- #branches: 11
- Show isochrones: this only influences which are inserted in the desktop, not the calculation time.
- [X] Auto prune (keep checked
- Angle to destination: 60
- Wake angle: 45
- [ ] Add branches at isochrones (keep unchecked)
Even with these conservative params, it did not work
in some cases.
note: For WR is important to use "classique" polars, not the full ones.