Can I use Chrome with VRTool?

VRTool software support forum

Can I use Chrome with VRTool?

Postby BobNegraes » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:22 pm

I had many problems with my Firefox recently, and like to know if more people are having trouble with this browser.

The pages in virtual regatta take too many time to open, when open, it doesnt show the botton to cofirm route changes (when I move the circle to a new course, the game must show the bottons OK and CANCEL - but my Firefox dont show these bottons! So I cant change course).

I have to open and close again and again until the Firefox shows the game interface correctly.

Omar, can you make VRTool usefull with Chrome? Chrome has become faster and correct than Firefox.. But I dont know where to find the Chrome cache in Windows 7.

Omar, meu Firefox está uma m... quando tento mudar o rumo, giro a rosa dos ventos, mas não aparece o botão Ok, e tenho de reiniciar o firefox, mais de uma vez. Fora o tempo que demora o carregamento. Tenho entrado com o Chrome, está muito mais rapido e não dá esse pau de sumir o botão de confirmação de mudança de rumo. Sabe como posso capturar as informações de navegação para o VRTool no cache do Chrome? Uso o Windows 7.

Abs
BobNegraes

Re: Can I use Chrome with VRTool?

Postby omar » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Probably not. The import module is Firefox specific.
omar
Site Admin

Postby BobNegraes » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:15 am

Que pena... :(
BobNegraes

Postby Photophore » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi,

for those who want to use the content of Google Chrome cache, you can do it using a freeware (Chromecacheview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/chrome_cache_view.html).
You can find the same files as in Firefox cache but with a name slightly different and you can extract them to the folder you prefer.

As Chromecacheview's developer has been able to implement file extraction from Chrome cache, there is, for sure, a way to automate the extraction of VR files from Chrome cache. I hope a clever developer will tackle the challenge.

Good winds for next races with VR.
Photophore

Return to VRTool Forum