Winds grid size

VRTool software support forum

Winds grid size

Postby BobNegraes » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi, Omar

Tour de France use smaller wind grids than the grids in VTool. How can I have the grids in VRTool similar to the game grid (Tour de France)?

Oi, Omar

A regata Tour de France está usando grids de vento bem menores do que os grids padrão do VRTool (e das outras regatas). Tem como ajustar para ficar igual?

Abs

Roberto
BobNegraes

Re: Winds grid size

Postby Ricoo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:42 pm

I changed the wind grid size to 2.5, restarted VRTool (this seems mandatory) then I could import the winds again, using the address tourvoile.virtualregatta.com
ImageVR ToutoulZ ! . . . . . . . . . . (Tools and stuff for VR races and VRTool)
Ricoo

Postby BobNegraes » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:03 am

Thanks, Ricoo, but I did it (change grid to 2.5), and when I restarted VRTool, my file.nav got corruptd, ou something else. I get a message "Cannot open a disable or invisible window", and my file is gone... Dont open anymore.

I was using it to find the coast borders, to find where I could navegate in Clipper next leg. So , I loose hours and hours of search... Do you know what can I do to recover my file? I dont even know what means this message (cannot open a disable or invisible window).

Hope you can help, or i will lose a hard work.

Thanks
BobNegraes

Postby omar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:52 am

BobNegraes wrote:Do you know what can I do to recover my file?

The Nav file is plain text. You can open it with the Windows Notepad
and try to see what is wrong..good luck..
omar
Site Admin

Postby BobNegraes » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:20 pm

THANKS, Omar

Great, I opened it, and edit back grid to 10. :D Then I could open the file again... Cant understand how it works for Ricoo :?

Maybe I have to try a new file, not saved yet? I will try again :geek:
BobNegraes

Postby OldChapZ » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:09 pm

The trick is working for me too. I'm able to get the wind files from VR. Bur, the resolution is 1x1 not 0.25x0.25. I havn't found anything else to configure.

Hello, Ricoo, any tip or advice ?

Back to to the Firefox/plugtmp method by now.
OldChapZ

Postby Ricoo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:58 pm

No more tricks, I did exactly what I described. Change grid size to 2.5, restart, set wind server address and F2 at will.
I'm sorry for Bob, I don't understand how this can corrupt his file. I did it with the latest version 1.92d, as well as with an old 1.70 that still runs on my old pc just to get boat traces, no calculation there.
Omar, do you have any explanation for both phenomenons?

Since today, you can also set my wind server for the address (www.estceouvert.com/vrtoutoulz/winds) but it returns no more than the games winds and forecasts.
No change in the grid size nor the forecasts.
ImageVR ToutoulZ ! . . . . . . . . . . (Tools and stuff for VR races and VRTool)
Ricoo

Postby philippeguerindon1 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:32 am

Bob,
I believe that you would like to mark the wind cells borders.
We already have the possibility to show or hide the 1° square grid within VRTOOL.
It would be great if we hat the opportunity to design a grid with a customized size.
There is a way to design a one minut square grid for VRTOOL. This is usefull if you have to sail very close to the shore.
Have a look at : http://vrtoutoulz.exofire.net/vrtmkgrid/

From this tool, I'll try to do the same for a 15 milles square cell.

(my English is to be improved perhaps).

Philippe
philippeguerindon1

Postby OldChapZ » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:34 am

Ricoo wrote:No more tricks, I did exactly what I described. Change grid size to 2.5, restart, set wind server address and F2 at will.
No change in the grid size nor the forecasts.

You're right (as usual :?). I don't know what I saw yesterday with my 1°x 1° grid :roll: . Works just fine as you described. Probably something broken in my eyes or even my brain, fortunately repaired during my sleep. ;)
OldChapZ

Postby BobNegraes » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:07 pm

I don't know why it doesn't work for me. I am using VRTool 1.92d, I created a new file, with vrtool.nav, changed grid to 2.5 (in Winds, Config), change Server to tourvoile.virtualregatta.com, and saved the file like "Teste.nav". I reopen the file, press F2 and... nothing. The winds came, but with standard wind grid. I look back the Winds Config tab, there is 2.5 grid...

Am I doing something wrong?

Or it not suppose to open a new wind's borders design in VRTool interface, just the winds come like this and I have to find where the winds change manually? :?

Thanks
BobNegraes

Next

Return to VRTool Forum